Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The greatest gift ever

Today one of my favorite students gave me a beautiful gift bag with blue tissue paper and said "This is for you!" I said "Oh thank you." and proceeded to open the gift. As I unfolded the tissue paper I continued to see nothing. I was confused. She opened the bag and said "No, let me see." She reached into the bottom corner of the bag to pull out a piece of play-dough the size of a lima bean. It had rainbow colors drawn on it with marker. She said "It's a piece of Play-dough and I colored it for you." She was so proud of herself and smiling so wide. I sort of wanted to laugh, but it really touched my heart and I said, "Wow, thank you so much!" Basically the best gift ever and such a funny story!

2 comments:

  1. The size of a lima bean...that is hilarious. And adorable too. I love those little kiddo creations and how proud they are of themselves. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it!! these kids know what it's all about. it's the excitement and love behind a gift!

    ReplyDelete